sábado, 11 de diciembre de 2010

recipe: The Andalusian chickpeas

Garbanzos a la Andaluza

Vinagre de Jerez al Pedro Ximénez



Today's recipe can be found under different names like "Chickpeas with Spinach," "Spinach and chickpea", "Chickpea to Seville" ... I know a thousand ways to call this dish. In my house are the "chickpeas with spinach, but maybe I wanted to dedicate it to our land of Andalusia. The taste is aromatic and delicious. And it's a very full plate, so as a single dish is perfect. If you round them up for a good red wine and a piece of cheese ... well, AWESOME!!

Ingredients (serves 4):

* 2 bunches of fresh spinach.
* 1 / 2 kg. chickpea good (the best that you can find) to soak overnight.
* 4 cloves of garlic.
* 2 slices of bread people (the more rustic the better).
1 tablespoon sweet paprika (I love the Vera paprika.)
1 tablespoon ground cumin.
* Olive oil.
* Wine vinegar, pepper and salt.

Preparation: Sherry Vinegar al Pedro Ximenez

As I said we put the chickpeas to soak overnight. As for spinach, if they are fresh, you must rinse them really well, in my case I have frozen (hurry, you know).

In a skillet add oil and fry some whole peeled garlic and a slice of bread. When the bread is golden and garlic, turn away from fire.

Crush in a mortar with a splash of wine vinegar (I put a Pedro Ximenez Sherry's great that I had at home), garlic, cumin and pepper to taste (I just put a chilli, so that no sting too).

Once the oil and we have been tempered to the garlic and bread, add the peppers to roast and mashed slightly before we prepared our mortar, ultimately adding cooked spinach. We remove all very well and sauté over low heat in skillet. Then add the drained chickpeas and cook everything together for about 10 minutes over low heat. I recommend you to try as far rectifiquéis salt if necessary.

To serve you can put a few slices of fried bread and you will be nicer in a casserole, which also keeps the heat better ....
http://thekitchensideoftheforce.blogspot.com/

No hay comentarios: